50 Mini Adventures to Make 2020 EPIC
Do you set a resolution or build a bucket list for the year that you NEVER look at again? New decade, new idea: let’s try a challenge instead! Join me on this Adventure Challenge to start the new 20’s off epic.
Challenge yourself to a micro-adventure each week in 2020.
So this idea was inspired both by the lovely blog post by Castaway with Crystal (https://castawaywithcrystal.com/100-things-to-do-this-year/) and by my father.
Kind of an odd combination right?
Let’s start with Dad.
My dad does not think he lives an epic life–in fact he considers himself pretty ordinary. That changes 100% when he starts telling stories about going skiing in the Rockies (we live on the East Coast), white water kayaking, hiking through the Catskills, and being the 1st National Ski Patroller in New Jersey.
He doesn’t consider any of these things as epic.
My sister and I disagree. And that got me thinking: how often do we do little things that don’t necessarily seem adventurous to us, but to others we seem the badass equivalent to Bear Grylls!
Here’s a list of 50 mini adventures that you can knock out in 2020 to set the tone for an Epic Decade!
Outdoors & Active
1. Go for a hike
2. Do a roadtrip
3. Try a new workout
4. Go to a festival (I’m partial to Scottish Highland Games)
5. Shop at a farmers market
6. Collect seashells at a beach
7. Host a barbeque
8. Go to a shooting range
9. Take a self defense class
10. Visit a “hidden gem” in your area
11.Visit a local “tourist spot”
12. Go camping
13. Visit a Dark Sky park
14. Go to a museum
15. Go kayaking
16. Navigate with only a map
17. Learn to tell time by the sun
18. Walk a shelter animal
19. Learn to curse in a different language (I’m trying ASL)
20. Visit a spa
21. Try acupuncture or an acupressure mat
22. Get a massage
23. Get a facial
24. Try a new coffee or tea (or hot chocolate)
Food & Drink
25. Visit a speakeasy bar
26. Do a winery/brewery/cidery tour
27. Cook over a campfire
28. Take a cooking class
29. Make your own ice cream
30. Buy (and keep alive) a houseplant
31. Fix or improve something around the house
32. Make a container herb garden
33. Redecorate/rearrange a room
34. Have a garage sale
35. Write down 1 good thing that happens each day
36. Read a book
37. Give food to someone in need
38. Start a journal
39. Donate blood
40. Take a painting class (I’m going for a Bob Ross style class in March!)
41. Handwrite a letter/postcard to someone
42. Learn a new craft
43. Arm knit a blanket
44. Complete a puzzle
Adrenalin Junkies / Just for Fun
45. Try out circus school
46. Try skydiving
47. Do an escape room
48. Ride a roller coaster
49. Go ziplining
50. Play laser tag
Now that’s a list to keep track of! Get your FREE downloadable Checklist when you sign up to my Adventure Email Community.
Which adventures are you most excited about?
Comment below and let me know. Want to share your adventure experiences?
Join the Metals & Pieces Fan Clan Facebook Group and tell me all about the adventures that you are planning for 2020!
ps: Interested in the Compass Rose Bullet Necklace? Click here to check it out at my store Metals & Pieces